Wednesday, April 09, 2014

SKIN SAVIOURS #2

Lush Tea Tree Toner Water £7.50/250g | Bioderma £14.50

Lush's Tea Tree Toner water has made a huge difference to my skin ever since I began using it almost two years ago. I have combination to oily skin so do suffer from the odd breakout here and there. Tea tree is antibacterial and antiseptic, so you can rest assured that it will help to fight the most overpowering breakouts; say goodbye to those spots and pesky red marks! I use the product as intended, as a toner. Once my face is freshly cleansed, I'll dispense as much or as little water onto a cotton pad and sweep it over my entire face; the amount I use tends to change depending on the fate of my skin. But dispensing the water is made easy due to the products spray pump. As this is a Lush product, there's the confidence that all the ingredients are completely natural and nothing unpleasant has been added when making the toner. I wouldn't dream of purchasing another toner now, and that's no exaggeration; my skin feels fresh, soft and smells great after every use! A great little tip: put the bottle into the fridge before using, that way you have a cool, refreshing product to really help rehydrate and replenish your skin. 

Bioderma, Bioderma, Bioderma. If you haven't already heard of this wonder product, then where the hell have you been?! I gave into this beauty hype far too quickly, I actually feel embarrassed at how little persuasion it took for me to buy it. But ohhhh man was it worth it. Three bottles down and it's still sloppy puppy love. Bioderma is essentially a cleanser/make up remover; like the Lush toner, Bioderma is applied onto a cotton pad and then rubbed all over the face. Free from alcohol, the solution cools and soothes the skin as it cleanses, leaving it perfectly clean. It removes everything, every last scrap of makeup; foundation, waterproof mascara, eye shadow, EVERYTHING! I have sensitive skin and have had no trouble with Bioderma, I can even sweep it over my eyes without risk of irritation. It is hands down the best makeup remover around. Stop with the makeup wipes and please grab yourself a bottle if you're lucky enough to come by it. Although the availability of Bioderma is a pain in the arse for those who don't live within the London area where it is predominantly stocked; you can still find it fairly easily on Escentual or eBay! Do you have any must have skin saviours?





2 comments :

  1. I have the same tea tree skin toner , I was told about it by one of my co workers that says it works miracles. I have been using it since december and i see some differences. I definitely love it because it fresh and gentle on the skin . I love your reviews on products , i just love your posts .
    come check out my blog and let me know what you think lovely :)
    www.fashionnfreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be lost without that tea tree toner, it really does make a huge difference to the skin. Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. Just had a look at your blog and I have to say that I am in love with your sense of style, especially the post on how to style the colour blue!

      Natalie x

      Delete