Sunday, May 04, 2014

NARS RADIANT CREAMY CONCEALER

Over the last few months I have found myself fighting a very tricky battle, the battle of concealers. I had resisted the urge to purchase a new concealer after settling into a comfortable long term relationship with Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection, but like most days in my life, I fell victim to my spending urge once again. I had heard so many reviews about the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and always found myself swatching the shades whenever I visited Space NK but never made the purchase. That is until last Monday; feeling particularly adventurous and spendy, I made the plunge (with thanks to £5 off). And I have to say, there's no turning back. Sorry Collection!

Having only ever used one other NARS product; their Laguna bronzer, I was very curious as to how I would like the concealer. Firstly, the concealer comes in 10 different shades, each catering for either warm or cool undertones to the skin. I chose to go with Vanilla (Light2) which is a great match for my skin and NC15 foundation. As always, the concealer is adorned with the signature black rubber material that NARS use on all their packaging (expect it to get messy FAST.) Incredibly creamy in consistency, the concealer glides onto the skin easily with the help of it's doefoot applicator. There is a similarity between the NARS and Collection concealers, I'm not going to lie. They both have a relatively thick formula and good staying power, but there is just something about the radiant creamy concealer that makes it 10x better. It's overall appearance is more attractive, there isn't a plasticy smell to the product and it appears to give more cover with less product than I'd get from the Collection concealer. I have noticed a huge difference under my eyes since using NARS, whereas the Collection concealer would cake up and leave me with dried lines that made me look haggard, I now have a flawless finish that brightens up the eye and just emphasises the skin.

At £22, this is a pricey concealer and not within everyone's price range. I don't think I would have been as easily swayed to buy it if it hadn't been for those Space NK points I'd managed to rack up. But saying that, I am so glad I did. It really is a wonder product and suitable for all skin types and I'll definitely be repurchasing. If you've been working hard recently, who's to say you can't treat yourself to a nice piece of makeup every once in a while? Have any of you tried this concealer, what were your thoughts?


2 comments :

  1. I really want to try that concealer as well because I heard only good things about it but the price is holding me off. And I am too scared to order it online as I am not sure which shade I should pick. I would love to hear an update from you about this concealer after you have used it for a longer time and if you still love it that much. And a great blog post btw. have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely, I've been using the concealer for 2 weeks now and I'm still besotted by it! It's amazing, really covers imperfections and doesn't leave a thick finish on the skin either. If you're unsure on your colour try using http://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix with your existing foundation and just simplify the results so they show NARS cosmetics. It should show you your colour in the foundation and concealer; that's how I was able to choose mine! So glad you liked the post, please let me know if you decide to buy the concealer and what your thoughts are!

      Natalie xxx

      Delete