Wednesday, April 02, 2014

HAUL - THE FIRST OF MANY


 As promised, here's the haul of items I bought on Mother's Day! Please excuse my grubby jeans and focus on the amazing shoes! Primark, you can do no wrong! What was supposed to be a quick look around once again turned into an hour long spree. The thing that most attracted me to the shoes had to be their beautiful colour.  I don't think I've ever owned anything in a dark plum shade so I'm excited to see how I will style them. Not long ago I bought a very similar pair of woven flats from TOPSHOP. All was fine and dandy until those same flats met the rain on a night out and I'm sad to say they now reside in my bin. I know Primark isn't renowned for the best quality but let's hope they last longer than their TOPSHOP dupes.
My second item caught both mine and my Mam's eye whilst on our way out of the shopping centre. I think I even made a little gasp and dragged her over by the hand! What could be a little garish to some, looked absolutely lovely to me! River Island have created a colourful geometric print kimono in a lightweight material. I know I will get a lot of wear out of this item; dressed up over a cami dress or just slung on with a top, jeans and sandals. A little pricey but I do believe the beaded detailing on the sleeves and opening justifies the price. And I did get the seal of approval from my Mam which makes all the difference.
The last two items are of course from Zara. The top I am not too sure of, £25.99 is a very decent price in my eyes but I can't help but tug at the material when I have it on as it doesn't sit too well. The front, a crepe effect contrasts nicely with the faux leather at the back of the top. And of course I cannot compliment the colour enough. Spring is coming and we all need a pop of colour in our wardrobe. I managed to snap up the last limited x edition necklace as I was paying for my top. I love the classic gold layered look and think this necklace will look perfect with a casual slouched vest and long tousled hair.
Sandals - Primark £6
Kimono -
River Island £40
Top - ZARA £25.99
Necklace - ZARA £19.99
 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment